Coming to Atlanta
Physician-led Population Health
Putting Doctors Back in Control of Health Care
Atlanta-area physicians are invited to partner in the launch of a physician-led Next Generation Accountable Care Organization (Next Gen ACO) to transform the health and care delivery system in Clayton, DeKalb, and Henry Counties and surrounding communities.
The proposed Next Gen ACO, Fairview Physicians ACO Partners, will be a new joint-venture partnership between Nidus Development, a healthcare real estate development company, and local physicians. Its purpose is to demonstrate that better care is lower cost. As a Next Gen ACO, the control of care shifts from acute care facilities to providers, resulting in better patient outcomes and cost savings that accrue directly to the physicians. But it can only succeed if physician-led and surplus savings are shared equitably among provider/partners.
There is no cost, commitment, or risk to physicians to participate until late fall when population underwriting and actuarial assessment is completed. Physicians will be protected against downside exposure and will participate equitably in all upside savings and future investment opportunities. Meanwhile, strategic capital financing for program formation and launch is being funded by local Atlanta physician and businessman, Dr. Gregory Daniel. To participate, physicians simply go to the Next Gen ACO's portal and enter their name and TIN—again, this step does not represent a commitment of any kind. The CMS deadline is June 9, 2017.
The Fairview Physicians ACO model has four main components, three of which offer significant new revenue streams for participating physicians:
- Physician practice management model – Part B professional fees, with performance incentives
- Qualified health plan formation--physician-led provider-sponsored health plan (PSHP) – from medical loss ratio improvement. Partner models show physician-controlled interventions represent 30-50% Part A cost reductions
- Real Estate Development – construction, development, lease payment, financing
- Direct care delivery – practice-based professional services organization (PSO) with embedded peri-acute service providers such as HHA, PT/OT, rehabilitation, hospice, non-medical home care, etc.
The Fairview Physicians ACO model not only offers a new way ahead and a common sense approach to health and care delivery transformation, early forecast models anticipate outsized improvements in clinical, financial and patient experience.
- Superior patient experience, publicly-reported clinical outcomes and reduced out of pocket cost
- Physician governed and led
- Equitable share of savings
- MACRA - Advanced APM Category 4C meets criteria for 2019 bonus
- New streams of revenue
- Formation of PSHP (Provider Sponsored Health Plan)
- Healthcare Real Estate Development
Nidus CEO Dr. Gregory Daniel brings a unique mix of clinical practice experience (over 20 years as an emergency medicine physician) and business leadership expertise to bear, having built The Exigence Group, a large and very successful multi-state physician practice management company (physician partnership model), which matured to cover seven different service lines including urgent care, with operations in NY, OH, PA, NV, and TX. In 2012 Exigence was acquired by Team Health, the largest physician services provider in the country.
To reach the NGACO Physician Portal to enter information, click here: Atlanta Physicians.
Physician groups and practices interested in more information should send an email to email@example.com. For questions, please call Geoff Teed at 203-520-9471.