P3 Leadership Team
sets the strategic direction of P3 and is responsible for business development and strategic partnerships. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross-continuum, cross-spectrum healthcare executive with expertise spanning public and private payment innovation and redesign; provider network contracting including packaged and delegated provider risk; and care delivery optimization; accountable and collaborative care realignment and standardization including technology platform and care delivery products and services vendors
- Expert in hospital turnarounds and overall clinical performance improvement
- Proven track record of guiding organizations in evaluating provider risk and implementing alternative payment models such as CMS’ Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI) and ACOs, and realigning provider delivery networks to achieve optimal health outcomes at lower costs through integrated and aligned team-based care delivery
- Member of the founding team of Remedy Partners. Helped launch Remedy’s BPCI initiative from the ground up. Attracted over 1,200 provider organizations to Remedy’s universe of 3,600 prospective BPCI provider organizations
- Held senior positions in provider consulting and payer organizations - Oxford Specialty Management, Optum
- Passionate about making positive contributions to improve US health care performance
Dr Tim Crowley
represents the interests of our physician and direct care delivery partners. Dr Crowley forms clinical services delivery networks to care for the population our all-payer ACOs are entrusted to care for. email@example.com
Dr. Crowley has over 30 years of experience developing and managing large integrated physician groups and networks for health plans, academic medical centers and community health systems. Now, with the proliferation advanced alternative payment mechanisms Dr Crowley is excited to help physicians unleash the full potential of clinical, operational and financial benefits which could be derived from transformation in care delivery and payment models. He feels the moment has arrived to disrupt the established order and reverse the decimation of the independent private practitioner. This will require disintermediating hospital-centric health care systems and the profit-driven health insurance industry by returning control of the direction and provision of population health and care to those who have devoted their lives to this vocation. Only then will the right amount and type of care be provided by the right people in the right setting across the entire continuum of care.
Prior to joining P3, Tim was Senior Vice President of Physician Network Development for Steward Health Care, which is the largest and fastest growing privately owned health care delivery system in the country. Dr Crowley led physician network development for Caritas Christie Healthcare (which became Steward Healthcare) during its initial formative years of 2008-2009. He returned to Steward in 2016 to help build the nationwide physician network after Steward grew from 10 to 40 hospitals in 2017. During that time over 800 physicians were integrated into the Steward Physician Network using a variety of creative physician contracting and alignment models in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania alone.
Dr Crowley was President and CEO, Pinnacle Health Medical Group where Dr. Crowley eliminated the need for any hospital subsidy for a Primary Care group of 100 employed physicians by increasing productivity, improving both quality and patient experience and by growing the number of covered lives to offset the drop in medical utilization required to successfully manage the group's pivot from the traditional fee for service reimbursement model to the new value-based healthcare payment system.
- As President of Caritas Physician Network: As the President of Caritas Physician Network Dr. Crowley managed 400 employed physicians in 114 practices across 80 separate locations with a budget of $120 million.
- Kyruus - Physician Network Development, Performance Optimization, Automated Referral Management System, Big Data and Analytics --reduced leakage, increased market share and improved margins for Healthcare Organizations in highly competitive markets.
- As President of Caritas Christi Network Services, the contracting arm of Caritas for 1250 physicians--in private practice and employed, with over 400 employed physicians in 114 practices across 80 separate locations and a budget of $120 million -- Dr Crowley negotiated new Physician Provider Agreements that made possible the conversion to fully capitated risk contracts, which resulted in significantly increased physician reimbursement and also staunched out-migration of Caritas physicians to other system hospitals.
- As Chief of Network Development Dr Crowley and Dr. Ralph De La Torre, Chair and CEO of Caritas, now, Steward Health Care, created the Cardiovascular Institute (CVI) at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in Boston; built a network of Cardiovascular specialists and primary care physicians to anchor the CVI at BIDMC.
- As Medical Director of Mount Auburn Healthcare Dr. Crowley developed the Primary Care Network for Mount Auburn Hospital in Eastern Mass, transforming an 18 person sleepy quasi-academic primary care group to a robust group of 38 PCP's averaging 3,500 encounters/physician/year by linking compensation to productivity. During that period, the hospital went from 70% occupancy and a $10 million operating deficit to 98% occupancy and a $22 million operating gain.
B.A., Yale University; M.D., Tufts University School of Medicine; Internal Medicine Residency, University of Pennsylvania
Kevin Henderson, M.D.
is responsible for clinical integrity, population health and clinical practice management, and health data infrastructure. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Founder and CEO, Cynapse Health - mining EHR data to develop guideline-based personalized diagnostic and treatment plans for patients with complex comorbid conditions using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Applies advanced clinical analytics to develop predictive and prescriptive models for patients and populations with complex medical conditions.
- Directed 20 person Hospitalist program achieving high performance on Medicare VBP metrics including reducing readmissions and HAI while decreasing the ALOS and cost per case
- Previously part of a team and Hospitalist Program that was instrumental in developing a clinical infrastructure that led to the sponsor hospital consistently ranking as a Truven Top 100 Facility
- Developed and executed clinical guideline-derived Acute Care, Post Acute Care, and Chronic Disease Management Programs
- Well versed in Clinical Documentation, Coding, and Billing, as well as all facets of AHRQ Quality Metrics, HEDIS, and Medicare VBP Metrics
- Well versed in HIE, HL7v2, XML, FHIR, EHR, Care Coordination and Collaboration, PCMH
- Initially trained as a pharmacist and very proficient at developing clinically and cost effective pharmacotherapy regimens that take into account disease course and disease complication cost as well as medication cost
- Expertise in Big Data and Clinical Analytics, Data Mining, NoSQL Databases, Machine Learning, and Apache Spark. Experienced using data informed practices, especially time series data to improve clinical, financial, and operational outcomes
B.S. Pharmacy, University of Colorado, Boulder; M.D. University of Illinois, College of Medicine; Internal Medicine Residency, University of Alabama, Birmingham (UAB); Board Certified
Josh Luke, FACHE
advises on strategy and alignment across the care continuum. email@example.com
- Executive with more than ten years in the acute hospital C-Suite as the Chief Executive Officer of multiple hospitals and as Vice President of Post Acute Services for a not-for-profit health system
- Healthcare futurist and senior public policy analyst, including developing post-acute curriculum for the Sol Price School of Public Policy at the University of Southern California
- Experienced Nursing home administrator and assisted living Administrator, having managed and consulted on several multi-level senior campuses as well
- Founder, National Readmission Prevention Collaborative & National Bundled Payment Collaborative
- Best-selling author, thought-leader, executive speaker
- Developed award winning integrated programs for acute providers and ACO’s dating back to 2012, initially receiving the Excellence in Programming award from CAHF
Ph.D. from the University of Nevada
manages daily operations of P3, and project management of application writing and our client partner engagements. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Executive, analyst, and consultant with deep strategic, financial, and project management experience
- Proven track record in managing businesses and growing profit. Has been CMO, COO, acting CFO, and well-regarded advisor to CEOs. Also an experienced Wall Street equity analyst
- Recently held executive positions with two healthcare IT companies, including COO of an EHR firm
- Has consulted with hospitals, creating financial statements and building models to help them better understand the financial implications of various strategic initiatives
- Contracted to write an industry report on EHR usage by physicians, for a well-known research firm
- Has led a large organization that completed a dozen multi-million dollar projects, all on or ahead of schedule, and at or below budget
MSEE from Stanford, ScB from Brown (Engineering and Economics), PMP and TQM Certifications
oversees population underwriting and pooled risk management services. email@example.com
- More than 25 years experience in actuarial consulting, software design, business analysis, IT implementation and integration for health insurers
- Expertise in health insurer operations, management and IT systems
- Expertise in data system design, implementation, SQL coding and Excel reporting
- Expertise in business analysis, requirements documentation, IT infrastructure implementation, and IT project management
- Led team behind Milliman’s Xlogic health insurance rating and underwriting system, with more than ten billion dollars of policies quoted and sold
- More than 100 health plans visited
Masters in Economics from Northwestern University
creates the technical platform for clinical integration, care management and connectivity strategy. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Technology Leader and Software Developer with over 12 years experience bringing quality products to market. Special focus in IT turnaround, building exceptional teams, strategic planning, iterative development, process optimization, and Healthcare IT
- 1st runner up: EHR Accessibility Challenge by the ONC. 1st place Mobile Clinician Voice Challenge by Nuance
- Member of the founding team of Remedy Partners. Conceptualized, designed, developed and deployed Remedy's Care Coordination Platform, Episode Connect. Responsible for leading all R&D activities, with 35+ direct and virtual reports building mission critical solutions for the CMS Bundled Payments for Care Improvement Initiative
B.A. in Computer Science and Mathematics. UCLA Business Management and International Trade Certificate. Mirth Corp Certified Developer, Scrum Master CSM Certified